A Doggy Adventurer is someone who can take a small group of dogs out to exciting locations where the
dogs have the ability to be dogs and explore, play, splash and socialise. Our Doggy Adventures are
expected you to use their passion and understand of dogs to not only supervise but interact to ensure
your adventure groups get the most out of their Dog Walking Adventures.
In this role you will:
- Transporting dogs safely and securely to and from their homes and dog walking adventure locations.
- Exercise and socialise groups of up to 4 dogs on Dog Walking Adventures.
- Supervising and engaging with dogs during Dog Walking Adventures.
- Actively monitoring dog interactions
- Have the ability to evaluate hazardous situations.
- Provide basic dog obedience training.
- Clean up dog waste from Dog Walking Adventures.
- Use Positive / Relationship-based training methods.
- Use a smartphone app to check dogs in and out of your care.
- Communicate daily activities with clients.
- Create posts of your exciting Dog Walking Adventurers.
What skills and attributes we are looking for?
- Have a love for dogs.
- Experience with dogs and confident with dogs of all sizes and breeds.
- The ability to work independently in a physically active role.
- Be comfortable to walk in a variety of weather.
- Have excellent communication skills in-person, text/SMS and over the phone.
- Have an understanding of local government dog regulations.
- Be familiarity with dog-areas in the local area and surrounding suburbs.
- Have skills / Qualifications in dog behaviour and training.
- The Ability to work 10 - 25 hours a week Monday to Friday and grow to full time.
What you will need?
- A clean driving record and current Driver Licence.
- A vehicle for transporting dogs.
- A phone capable of taking photos to send to customers.
A successful candidate will be rewarded with:
- Competitive hourly rate, plus Super.
- Vehicle Allowance (if own vehicle is required).
- Monthly Profit Share of the area.
- On the Job Paid Training.
- Friendly Work Environment.
- Opportunity to grow skills in the animal industry.